02 June, 2008

Consumptive Diaries Part 6: Top Ten Frustrations/Stresses

I have been writing a lot about my frustration & stress over the last couple of weeks, but haven't really mentioned how The German's been feeling.
So, Friday i asked K to write down his top ten frustrations & i also made my list.

Here is The German's Top Ten (in no particular order):
  1. Not enough food
  2. No proper sex
  3. No smokes
  4. No clubbing/bars/etc
  5. Walls/being locked up
  6. No beer
  7. People telling me how unlucky it is to get infected but then treat me like a bio hazard
  8. No Internet
  9. No privacy (see 2)
  10. Helplessness
Here is my Top Ten (again, in no particular order):
  1. Bureaucracy
  2. Long tiring days
  3. Peer pressure & alienation
  4. Not being able to sleep next to K
  5. Hospital smells
  6. The hospital's inconvenient location
  7. Saying goodbye to K everyday
  8. Knowing that standard EU hospitalisation is only a few weeks
  9. Not knowing whether i have TB or not
  10. Helplessness
After we compared lists, K said, "Oh, guess my list is more selfish than yours".
Um, yes.

No comments: