I was trying to think back to my last 3-week holiday, and, you know, i don't think i have had one since i finished university. Yup, i have had 2 week holidays, but not a whole 3 weeks. And it's great. Think i am going to have nasty shock going back to work though....
So, what have i been doing?
Started off in Stuttgart - and had a very happy reunion with The German. It is *so* good to be back with him again, but i don't think that's a huge surprise to anyone. And i won't bore (shock?) you with all of that.
Instead here is a brief rundown of some of my 'firsts' on this trip:
- visited my first german xmas market - complete with mulled wine (gluhwein)
- ordered beer in german (woohoo! i'm multilingual now)
- had beer in the infamous kaisereck (K's favourite bar)
- met k's entire family - all lovely lovely people (i feel very lucky to have a boy with such good people around him)
- had christmas on christmas eve (mainland european style)
- met many many of k's friends (again, all good people, and all speaking amazing english - thank god!)
- embarked on a semi-epic road trip with K. Yesterday we travelled across Germany, through Luxembourg and into France to my parents' place.
- seen my parents' house with them living in it (last time i saw it, they were house hunting & thinking of buying it) Lovely lovely house - so much space!
And those are the firsts i can remember. However, due to large quantities of gluhwein, beer & sparkly, i think i may have deleted a few brain cells...
Hope everyone is having a great time wherever they are - And Happy Christmas!