04 August, 2008

Consumptive Diaries Part 18: The week that was

Last week was an eventful week. It was a complete roller coaster of a week; laughter, tears, extremes of everything...

Monday
I was sick. Had a mad weekend & came to the realisation that i'm too old to party for 3 straight days. And my body told me so very forcefully too (in a kind of projectile way)...

Tuesday
I went to hospital to get my TB meds. Thought it would take a while, because hospitals always do. But, FOUR HOURS??? And most of that was waiting in various lines: initial registration > doctor > blood test > x-ray > sputum test > doctor (again) > payment > pharmacy
But i got my meds. And am on the standard treatment for latent TB. But it is 6 months of antibiotics; which have side effects of liver damage, rashes and other delightful things. Have to take 6 pills a day: 3 antibiotic tablets and 3 pills for the side effects...
Back again in two weeks to make sure my liver's not screwed...

Wednesday
The Davises last night out in Japan. Went to see their room in the Landmark Tower. Wow. Cool view. And spent the rest of the evening trying to pretend it was just a normal evening out.
And it was a fun evening & i managed to not cry for the majority. Didn't handle saying goodbye very well though. And cried all the way home on the train.

Thursday
airport, i was working at Spent the day in a spaced out daze due to lack of sleep. Also exchanged mail with Sandi in her last few hours in Japan. It was a really weird day because while the Davises were at NaritaHaneda airport, and could see planes taking off all day; serving as a constant reminder that they were going. Found it very hard to concentrate...

Friday
Fireworks. Went up to K's place & watched the fireworks from there. Was a great view, seeing the fireworks from the top of the hill with the Landmark Tower beside them. was even weirder considering that just 2 days before i had been in the Landmark Tower looking at the view from the other direction. Would post some pictures, but they're still in my camera which is at home somewhere. Will post some later, i promise.

Saturday
Haircut. Was fed up with my annoyingly long hair. Chopped it off - now is just below my ears again. Again, i know this would be more effective with photos. And again, the camera is at home...

Sunday
Sleep & sofa & German. I so needed all three. Had had a tough week & just needed to de-stress and not do anything. We even ordered in pizza & beer because we were too lazy to walk to the conbini...

So that was my week. A little too much for one week, methinks. Or maybe i'm just not good at coping.

3 comments:

j-ster said...

Mebbe you just need more Sundays?

dipchick said...

yep, I think you need a break. Thinking of you...
af

Sandi said...

I hope you're done crying. ;) Miss you already. Give the German a big kiss from me.